ST. ROBERT PARISH
ACCOUNTABILITY: Maintenance Supervisor
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURS: Full-time, Second Shift
GENERAL SUMMARY: Helps to provide adequate maintenance and preventative maintenance on all parish equipment, buildings, grounds, and vehicles to ensure safety to all persons, including staff and visitors, and to extend the life and appearance of these items.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs a variety of facility and equipment maintenance duties. May perform various routine maintenance and repairs including routine carpentry and plumbing duties based on skill level and experience.
• Help with a variety of installation, repair and renovation to buildings including but not limited to electrical fixtures and switches, and semi-skilled tasks in construction, repair and maintenance of wooden structures.
• Installation, repair and renovation of some equipment including electrical appliances, valves, hot water heaters, sinks, commodes, hand basins, kitchen appliances, and heating and cooling systems.
• Snow and ice removal from parking lots, ramps, and walkways.
• Lawn and landscaping duties.
• Drywall repair and painting duties.
• Moving and transporting furniture and equipment.
• Operates a variety of gas powered trucks, tractors, and lawn equipment.
• Performs routine maintenance on trucks, tractors, and lawn equipment.
• Prioritizes and completes maintenance requests in a timely manner.
• Is responsible for all equipment, vehicles, and tools used.
• Other duties may be assigned on a project basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of two years experience with a variety of maintenance tools, equipment, and procedures.
Require: Must have a valid driver’s license. Practicing Catholic preferred.
Physical Demands: Must be able to move and load equipment and supplies that weigh 50 pounds or more. Must be able to work independently without direct supervision. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach, and climb ladders.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work of the position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.