Election DayOctober 21, 2016
National Vocations Awareness WeekNovember 10, 2016
DRE Secretary Position – Job Posting
St. Robert Bellarmine Parish, Flushing, seeks a professional, courteous individual who works well in a team setting to serve as secretary to our Director of Religious Education. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, and be able to maintain confidentiality. Applicant must be willing to assist with VBS, sacramental preparations and record keeping. A working knowledge of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is ideal. Candidate also must be a practicing Catholic, active in a parish. Prior experience is also preferred. Nineteen hours per week.
Interested individuals may submit a resume to email@example.com or call Joanne Rymar at 810-659-2501 with any questions. Resumes will be accepted through November 21. Please see the job description below.
DRE Secretary Position – Job Description
- Performs secretarial duties for the Religious Education Director. Receives and places telephone calls, type memos and other forms of written communication, and processes mail. Greets and refers visitors to the appropriate ministers, services, or agencies. Prepares bulk mailings as needed.
- Anticipate and prepare copies and handouts for Religious Education and School.
- Obtains all consumable materials and restocks all three atria
- Handle Religious Education Registration including sending out notices of payments that are due.
- Record keeping for sacraments as received; Record Eucharist & Confirmation sacramental information.
- Maintain Diocesan required records for catechists and Religious Education parish profile on D.O.L. data collection site.
- Maintain excel spreadsheet for Confirmation information for eighth graders-parents’ names, sponsor name, birth & baptism date, Confirmation name.
- Oversees the inventory of office supplies. Orders materials, supplies or equipment as needed.
- Assists with material making for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
- Assist with:
- -2nd grade sacramental preparations including obtaining baptismal certificates, assist with Mass of Enrollment, Sacramental Retreat, & First Eucharist Mass
- -Children’s Epiphany Mass
- -Vacation Bible School including registration, set up, & take down
- -7th Grade Mass of Enrollment
- -Confirmation Mass
- -Formation sessions for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
- Make arrangements for the End of the Year Catechist Dinner
- Oversee and assist with preparations for:
- -First Communion Reception
- -Confirmation Reception
- -May Crowning Reception
- Must work well with others, staff, parents, & children
- Knowledge of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is essential. If no experience with CGS, must be willing to train for level I, II, & III of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
- Must be a practicing Catholic, active in a parish.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- While performing duties, employee has to sit for long periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, and answer telephone calls. The position also requires some standing, stooping, and bending. Employee is expected to work onsite, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with minimal travel. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Pay scale dependent on experience is $9 – $11 per hour.